This workshop exists mainly to generate, or produce, solutions. I perform a lot of fairly typical mechanical service for my regular customers, of course including annual maintenance, repairs, and upgrades. My favorite jobs however, the ones I seek out from new clients, are the special projects, requiring additional skills, creative solutions, machining, welding, and design work. This can range from custom hardware for a perfect fender installation to shifting adapters and made-to-fit cargo racks.
- Wheel Building – sport, performance, adventure, tandem, & specialty
- Bicycle Service & Repair
- Design & Prototyping – small parts
- Event & Tour Support – logistics, mobile tech service
- Expert Witness & Consulting
- Frame Repair – in addition to minor repairs on steel frames, I am also an authorized Calfee Carbon Repair Service dealer
Besides repairs on classic steel frames, a few odd-jobs I’ve been asked to do:
– repair a giant stainless mixing bowl for a local commercial bakery
– copy a pulley for an obsolete and outdated rototiller
– weld cracked exhaust manifolds
– repair fuel pump tube for a diesel chipper-shredder
– fabricate heavy-duty vise pedestal
– modify a turbo-charger kit for a Ford F350
Creative solutions for bicycles and anything interesting or challenging, we love it!